How much does it cost to live in Briarcrest Estates?
ROC members decide when the rent needs to be raised and by how much.
- After purchasing your home, each member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance and the ROC's mortgage payments.
- The current rent is $443 per month and includes yard mowing, fall clean-up, driveway plowing and curb-side trash collection. Individual households are responsible for their own utilities, shoveling their walks and caring for landscape plantings.
- The second charge is a one-time membership fee of $500. Once a member has paid the membership fee, he or she only pays lot rent.
- The resident-homeowners of Briarcrest Estates vote on all budget related decisions, including the rent.
- Briarcrest Estates charges a non-refundable application fee of $75 per adult living in the household. Find an application here.